Grace Family Bible Church
PO Box 892, Midway, UT 84049
Abbreviated Statement of Faith and Conduct
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, His full written revelation, and our only rule of faith and practice.
- The unity and trinity of the God head.
- That God created the heavens and the earth and all life in six literal days.
- That God is sovereign in all things.
- That Jesus Christ is God’s only Son, and shares the title of God as the second member of the trinity. He is our sole Mediator to the Father. We further teach His pre-existence, His incarnation, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His atonement, His bodily resurrection from the grave, and His personal, visible return from heaven.
- The Holy Spirit, His personality and His activity in regeneration, sanctification and preservation.
- That man was created in the image of God, and that due to Adam’s sin, he is born with a sin nature and therefore sins by nature.
- That salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ apart from human merit, works, or ceremonies. Those who are in Christ are kept by God’s power and are eternally secure in Him.
- That the church is the spiritual body of which Christ is the head and that there is a two-fold aspect of the church, the universal and the local. Also that the ordinances of the local church are two in number: Baptism—a symbolic act representing the death, burial, and resurrection of the believer in Jesus Christ consisting of the immersion of the believer in water following salvation, and the Lord’s Supper—a symbolic memorial of the atoning death of Christ until he comes.
- The resurrection of the human body; the everlasting existence of all men either in heaven or hell; divine judgments, rewards and punishments.
- Miraculous gifts have ceased since the completion of the New Testament. The only gifts in operation today are those non-revelatory equipping gifts given for edification.
- The personal, bodily, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ preceding the seven year tribulation to rapture His church from this earth.
- The mutual accountability of all believers to each other as well as the need for discipline of willfully and continually sinning members of the congregation in accord with the standards of Scripture (See Matthew 18:15-18). This means that each member agrees to abide by the judgments of Biblical church authority.
- That legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. This church recognizes marriage as exclusively the legal union of one man and one woman. Hence, sexual activities, such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and Grace Family Bible Church. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, and efforts to alter one’s gender, are incompatible with the Biblical witness.
- That women are not to be ordained to the pastorate nor are they to teach in mixed settings (cf., 1 Corinthians 14:34-38; 1 Timothy 2:11-12, 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-6).